Haley's Reviews > Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II by Jack Canfield

Jun 10, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: grade-8-ir-books-sam

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II is a book of short stories about the times and trials of teenage life. It was designed to help make “coming of age” and living your life a little easier. It has sad stories, happy stories, funny stories, all sorts of stories.

This book was specifically made to connect with teenagers. It is supposed to be (surprise surprise) chicken soup for the teenage soul *gasp*, shocking, I know. It's supposed to make you laugh and cry and, well, feel. It's supposed to connect to your life and help you through it. And it does... some of the time.

I gave this book 3 stars. I love and loathe this book. I've read it at least twice and each time I think to my self “that. Was so... beautiful” and then I think “why in the world did I *sob* read that again!?!? *sob*” It is just so sad! But so good! But bad, sad, good, beautiful! Ahhhhhhh *BOOOM* (yup, that was my head... exploding... from too many conflicting feelings... about this book) So if you a teenager looking for a confusingly emotional read pick this one up. But beware of exploding heads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II.