Mojca's Reviews > Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot! #12)

Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot! #12) by Cara Summers

Nov 02, 2009

bookshelves: bodyguard-military-merc-gov-cop-spy, cara-summers, contemporary-romance, harlequin-and-silhouette, season-greetings, favorites
Read in November, 2009 , read count: 1

Since Ms. Summers' two Wrong Bed books, Twin Seduction and Twin Temptation, weren't my favorite I was a bit skeptical about picking up this one. But it's the last in the Uniformly Hot! series so I had to read it...And I ain't disappointed.

Featuring a hunky, tall, broad shouldered, gray-eyed MP, a tough-as-nails, petite yet with miles of leg DC cop, an attempted thievery case, and a legendary blue diamond that's reputed to bring lovers together, this was a quickie read with the perfect sex and suspense combo that's featuring more and more prominently in the Harlequin Blaze category.

The chemistry between the characters was mind-numbing in its intensity with or without the help of the said magical diamond. Its matchmaking powers were stuff of legend, but it did bring the hero and heroine together...More than one time. And each scene was hotter.
And I didn't even mind that it all happened so quickly. 'Tis the season to be jolly and I found myself in a rather "forgiving" mood.

The set-the-pages-on-fire scenes were rivaled with a strong suspense subplot. Someone had tried to steal the famous diamond, an army officer was found unconscious on the scene (and "conveniently" developped amnesia, the false leads and red-herring kept piling up, a famous ex-thief made his appearance...And the hero and heroine resolutely navigated the uncharted waters in search of the truth.

But what truly blew me away were the kissing scenes. I had no idea there were so many ways to write a tonsil-hockey match, but I guess Ms. Summers succeeded. And conveyed just the right amount of emotion and UST while doing it. Those kisses ranged from playful to sensual to downright devouring and I found myself looking forward to the next hockey match even more than to finding out whodunnit. And when the end came (though sweet and awwwww-sounds inspiring) I just wanted to keep on reading. Yep, the story was that good...

Can I have some more, please?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot! #12).

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) This one sounds like a good book, Alathea. Great review.

Dina "Since Ms. Summers' two Wrong Bed books, Twin Seduction and Twin Temptation, weren't my favorite I was a bit skeptical about picking up this one. But it's the last in the Uniformly Hot! series so I had to read it..."

My feelings exactly! I hope I end up enjoying it as much as you did. BTW, great review as usual.

Mojca Thanks Danielle and Dina. Hope you enjoy it.

BTW, Dina. Jase, the hero from Twin Temptation is D.C.'s older brother (I realized the connection only in the epilogue), but this book is so much better than the above mentioned one.

Dina Oooh, that's interesting, Alathea! I'm a sucker for this kind of connection between books. :)

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan Do these books have to be read in order? (Or the previous books read at all?)

Dina Not at all, Susan. I've read several of the Uniformly Hot! books and they can easily be read on their own, in any order you choose.

Shawna Great review, Alathea! SOLD! :)

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan OK - on the old wishlist it goes :)