Mojca's Reviews > Seduced by the Operative

Seduced by the Operative by Merline Lovelace

Wow. That's pretty much all I could say after I finished this one in a single sitting. And then I went on repeat. Wow.

A truly greatly-penned and well-thought out story with interesting and well-developped characters (I loved both the hero and the heroine), great intrigue and suspense, wonderful descriptions of Prague (made me wish to visit the city again), and slightly paranormal elements (a recurring dream with flesh melting of approaching skeletons).

No matter how hard I try I just cant find any faults with this story. The two leads, though their age was never specified I'd guess they were in their late thirties or early forties, added a maturity to the whole story that is absent in books with younger characters. It certainly lacked in tantrums and silly, of-the-top-of-the-head decisions, acquiring a sophisticated, mature feeling that will be sorely missed in other stories from now on.
The two were already in an established relationship from the get-go, so there was not much romance development throughout the story, but it still grew and changed from the beginning to end. Yet the subtleness of the romance didn't deter from the enjoyment of the reading. All the elements flowed nicely together, creating a truly wonderful and gripping read.

Great writing and narrative style, even greater characters, a wonderfully chilling dream description, gripping suspense, subtle, yet definitely "there" romance, and an amazing final twist that you won't see coming.

A+
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduced by the Operative.

message 1: by Shawna (new) - added it

Shawna Great review Alathea! Sold!

Mojca I'm glad, Shawna. :) Hope you enjoy it.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Awesome review, Alathea. I'm glad you found a good one after the last book.

message 4: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina Oooh, another book by Merline Lovelace in the Code Name: Danger series! I loved Stranded With A Spy, so I definitely must check this out too. Great review, Alathea! :)

Mojca Thanks Danielle and Dina.

Dina, I still have to read Stranded With A Spy, but it climbed up on my list. If it's even half as good as this one, I'm sure I'll love it.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan Think I'll put this one on my wish list.