Wendy's Reviews > The Road Less Traveled: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values, and Spiritual Growth

The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck

F_50x66
Oct 31, 09

The Road Less Traveled is a philological book that is highly recommended. I feel that this book along with other reasons inspired me to become a counselor one day. This is one of those books that is great to read on a cold winter day drinking hot chocolate indoors. It took me a while to finish the book because it is a book that is not meant to be rush read but instead read and reflected on.
My favorite parts of the book were the real life stories. One of my favorite was about this woman name Marcia who was sort of promiscuous. She was a patient that Dr. Scott who is a psychologist saw three times a week. She did not talk much but one day she asked him, "Do you think I am a bit of a shit?" He then told her, "You seem to be asking me to tell you what I think of you". They struggled for over a year getting to know each other. One day Dr. Scott told her that he did not think she was a bit of a shit. Finally Marcia after a while established a meaningful relationship then marriage was was never promiscuous again. She began to have more confident and speak good things about herself.
I would highly recommend this book to any person that enjoy reading about the philosophy about life and the reason behind our actions. There is a reason why everything and in this book it focuses on the psychology of love, traditional values, and spiritual growth. I know that after reading this book, it will open you up to more options.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Road Less Traveled.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ben (new)

Ben This is a much more interesting and personal response.