Cheryl's Reviews > What Happens in London

What Happens in London by Julia Quinn

Nov 01, 09

bookshelves: historical-romance, julia-quinn, books-i-own, all-time-favorites
Read in November, 2009 — I own a copy

Great Story!! I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy, fast moving and entertaining book! At the end I laughed and cried b/c it was so sweet and funny!

One little thing that bothered me was the fact that Olivia's parents were not around much. She was unchaperoned much of the time and it just didn't seem right. Her parents seemed oblivious to anything she did!

I loved this story and highly recommend it! Great sequel to The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Happens in London.

Quotes Cheryl Liked

Julia Quinn
“I also think he is given to disguises...Sometimes he wears spectacles and sometimes he does not. And twice he has worn an extremely peculiar hat. Inside.”
Julia Quinn, What Happens in London

Julia Quinn
“Olivia: You didn't even know I was there!
Harry: Excuse me, yes I did.”
Julia Quinn, What Happens in London

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Angelc Great review, Cheryl! Oh my gosh, I feel exactly the same way about her not being chaperoned!! In the one scene where Sebastian was reading from the book, there were like 4 single men in her living room basically having a party!

Cheryl I know!! And during one part it said her parents probably assumed she was with the prince, I just don't think they would have been ok with that!! Royalty or not, there was her virtue to consider! :)

Angelc I got the impression that her parents really didn't care about her, but I still think they would have kept up appearances by hiring a 'companion' or had an old spinster aunt look after her.

Cheryl Agreed! I think they gave up on her long ago and figured no man would have her. But even if they didn't care, wouldn't her brothers? It was just strange compared to her other books where so much focus is put on the ladies always having a chaperon.