William Herschel's Reviews > The Knife of Never Letting Go

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

Feb 05, 10

bookshelves: 2010, young-adult, scifi-fantasy, child-perspective
Read from February 03 to 05, 2010

When I first started this story I raged a little. Throughout the entire book are the misspellings "tho" "thru" etc. At first I thought this was a way to dumb down the book and appeal for young adult readers but eventually I realize the book wouldn't be right without it.

The character is living in an isolated community where learning is discouraged and farming, of course, is necessary. The book would not be right if the character and his narration were completely grammatically accurate. (Todd, the main character, can not even read).

Now then, after you realize this the book becomes much more enjoyable. One drawback to this book is that I can not say much without giving away something, and really if I did that the book loses it's enjoyability.

I will say, the story gets a bit repetitive. The whole book, is, basically, on the run. With lots of action. I can see how this would appeal to someone who isn't really into books, but it is a bit on the longside.

Oh, and, the book ends on a massive cliffhanger so now I have to go get the rest in the series. Hmph.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Knife of Never Letting Go.

02/04/2010 page 65
13.57% "And on to part two!"
02/04/2010 page 215
44.89% "Part IV (forgive me, I do not know roman numerals) <_<"
show 1 hidden update…