Gina Bégin's Reviews > Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time

Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson

Oct 31, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: would-read-again
Read in December, 2009

I enjoyed this book quite a bit. I wish I could give it 3.5 stars- in fact, when I first rated it, I gave it a 4-star rating. However, I remembered that I am trying to be very strict about my generosity with star-ratings (not give everything 4 & 5 stars). I do think this is a book that most people who are interested in culture, the middle-east, education, human initiative, heroism, and/or service work will enjoy reading. It really dives into the Muslim world and culture and helped me understand the religion more as well as the government systems in that area of the world. This book takes you on the journey from idea to fruition and details the many struggles and obstacles along the way. It gives hope to those who want to change something in the world but wonder "There's just one of me, what can I do?".

In the end, I found myself loving the people of Pakistan and Afghanistan because I felt I understood them more; I could feel for their struggles and relate to their desires to make a better life for themselves and their families.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Cups of Tea.

10/31/2009 page 125