Emma Louise's Reviews > Untamed

Oct 30, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: bought
Read in November, 2009

First of all, I don't really understand WHY I keep on reading this series. I have big issues, I think. I am just so over the terrible writing style in these books. I can't really understand half of what is going on most of the time because of the constant use of the words 'thingies', 'whatever', 'stuff'. Nothing is explained right. It's like the author doesn't even know what she's talking about, and is just making it all up as she goes along. Was there even planning initially? I would really like to know. Things just seem to be a little far-fetched.
And I am SO over the name dropping/references to other currently popular things such as Gossip Girl, or Melissa Marr, etc.

Having said all that, the last couple of chapters were okay. And I think that's what makes us suckers for these books. 90% of it is crap, and yet there's 10% pure gold that makes us want to keep reading.

... but then again I don't think I'll bother buying the next two books. If by chance I see it in the library, maybe I'll pick it up for the sake of finishing this far-fetched story line, but other than that I'm just too annoyed right now to really care what happens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Untamed.

11/15/2009 page 200