Carlene's Reviews > Shadowland

Shadowland by Alyson Noel

F_50x66
Feb 25, 10

Read in November, 2009

The first two books of the series was entirely great. I am hoping that this one will be to, but i'm tired of seeing things get in the way of Ever and Damon

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowland.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (last edited Nov 12, 2009 05:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amanda Shaw Yeah like at least in twilight bella and Edward only break up once(sorry to bring in twilight).There has to be a point where you go i think i'll let them be together now

message 2: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Viramontes ok i agree the 1st two books were good know their getting on my nerves because theirs so much drama and then she keeps making mistakes over and over and it's like for once dont do anything stupid

Amanda Shaw Yeah i liked the first two but shadowland really didn't make me want to read the next book in the series and the haven thing just annoyed me.

Skye Scarlett i hate seeing everything get in the way of them...
but i guess that's what makes this book interesting....

Skye Scarlett my fave is Ever More and maybe shadow land....

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too I am tired of there being so many obstacles I mean yes they are immortal and things will get in the way but come on ugg.. pick Damon for life girl!

Kellie Strahl I prefer series that are 4-5 book but i feel this series will drag on for a while. I mean now they brought in another guy and in the 4th book it will talk about haven more so i have a feeling that the big love triangle thing wont be the main plot till the 5th book and then there the twins whats gonna happen to them and it goes on. Hopefully she wont add anymore big characters or else there will be way to much going on.

Kellie Strahl Amanda wrote: "Yeah like at least in twilight bella and Edward only break up once(sorry to bring in twilight).There has to be a point where you go i think i'll let them be together now "

i compare stuff to twilight too dont worry lol. they were good books

message 9: by Joshua (last edited Aug 05, 2010 10:27AM) (new)

Joshua K. ✩ Kellie wrote: "I prefer series that are 4-5 book but i feel this series will drag on for a while. I mean now they brought in another guy and in the 4th book it will talk about haven more so i have a feeling that ..."

There are going to be six Immortal books in total. Then the spin-off series of Riley's, when she enters Here, the place over the bridge in Summerland.

Anyhow, things will always get in the way. To tell a story, there needs to be conflict. I learnt this while doing media. Where would the conflict/problems arise if they were perfect the whole way through the book? It'd make it boring, trust me. Problems have to arise, and in books like these, teen romance books, they need to add in problems between the couple.

By the way, I've not quite completed Shadowland yet, I'm on chapter four, lol. But honestly, I've heard on the blurb about this new boy. Very much like Twilight, and I've not read those books.

Leeann Hendrickson You guys are all true but you kno all books have their retarded faults. but then again they wouldnt be interesting -or even a story- if there wasnt problems..

Summer Leeann wrote: "You guys are all true but you kno all books have their retarded faults. but then again they wouldnt be interesting -or even a story- if there wasnt problems.."

yeah right, I agree.. They were read by many mostly to find "retard faults" . lol