Eryn's Reviews > The Lightning Thief

bookshelves: awesome, breathtaking, read-in-2010, worth-reading-sequel
Recommended to Eryn by: Everybody
Recommended for: ANYONE
Read from February 17 to 23, 2010, read count: 1

Best. Book. Ever. Seriously. You have no idea. You would think that I, being the hater of historical books wouldn't be into Greek Mythology, but let me tell you, ANYONE can be into any subject to love this book. The book was packed with action and overwhelmingly perfect. The narrator, Percy Jackson, made me look at everything differently, then how the story would have went if, oh, say the story was told for Posieden, or Grover. But my thanks don't go to Percy; my thanks go to the phenomenal author, Rick Riordan.

Every single detail made sense in this book. After you read this book, which you HAVE to do, you will have a different perspective on things. I was really impressed with two things in this book:

1) I think it's extremely clever to add the dyslexic and ADHD twist, and especially the reasons.

2) When Percy went to the underworld, I now look at things differently. In one scene, Grover said something about how everybody saw this place differently. And how everyone saw heaven and h**l differently.

Obviously, I really enjoyed this book. And if you don't, you were born funny. No offense. But seriously, READ THIS BOOK!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lightning Thief.

02/17/2010 page 64
16.98% "So good! Nobody was lying!! Its AWESOME!"
02/19/2010 page 197
52.25% "This book is AWESOME! Love it! Can't wait to see the movie :D"
02/21/2010 page 272
72.15% "Good book :)"
02/23/2010 page 334
88.59% "Awesome book!! Almost finished! :)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Becca AWESOME, ERYN!!!!!! :D TOLD YA SO!!!!!

Eryn Ik its AWESOME!! :D