Nichole (Dirty H)'s Reviews > Boneshaker

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest

Dec 21, 09

bookshelves: 2009, steampunk
Read in December, 2009, read count: 1

Meh. 2.5 stars. Maybe 2. I guess I'm feeling generous.

I held out a lot of hope for this book but it was ultimately very disappointing. The back cover blurb for this book sounds like a tantalizing little taste of a book that promises much more, but in reality, the back cover blurb was really all there was to offer.
Yes, there were zombies. Yes, there were airships and air pirates. But that's pretty much it - I can tell you they were there, and now you don't need to read the book because she didn't ever really do anything with them. They were just there.
This was a really interesting premise that turned into very generic "running from zombies". None of the characters jumped off the page. This was a tedious book to read and I ended up skimming the last 50 pages just to find out the answer to the small mystery that was the only interesting thing in the book. The resolution to that was actually pretty good, but a little too abrupt and not fleshed out.

Bottom line: interesting premise that turned into generic zombie fair with flat characters and very little interesting storyline.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boneshaker.

12/08/2009 page 114
12/13/2009 page 204
49.04% 5 comments
12/20/2009 page 358
86.06% "God, this book is boring."
show 1 hidden update…