Janna's Reviews > Eye of the God

Eye of the God by Ariel Allison

Oct 29, 2009

This is the last of the new Abingdon Press books that I have gotten to read and review and I am thrilled to say that "eye of the god" is by far my favorite! It is right up my alley in its style and genre... mystery, suspense, romance, twists and turns, history and great characters. I love the way that Ariel blends the present where the Hope Diamond is resting in the Smithsonian Institute and Abigail Mitchell is the person who is the expert on it and is planning a huge event surrounding the diamond along with the past legends surrounding the Hope Diamond. We jump back in time, as Abigail tells stories about the diamond, to India in 1653, France in 1668, Versailles in 1789, Kentucky in 1919 and Maryland in 1933 just to name some of them - we get to track the Hope Diamond through some of the different owners it had over the years. I found all of that fascinating and wish Ariel could have included more of the stories about the diamonds past.

In the midst of all the stories we are pulled back to the present as we see Abigail plan the soiree while others are planning to steal the diamond at the event. The twists at the end we wonderful and I was captivated by the entire book - absolutely fantastic!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eye of the God.