Crystal's Reviews > The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove

The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate

Nov 11, 09

bookshelves: for-review, arc, read-oct-2009
Read in October, 2009

What would you do to remain the top girl in the school dating the top guy? What would you do to make sure that you win the Palmetto Princess and your boyfriend wins the Prince title?

This book is a dark look at teenage life. Natalie has made her way to the top and wants to stay there and she doesn't want Justin Balmer to beat out her boyfriend Mike King for the Palmetto Prince title.

I enjoyed this book - it read quickly for me. I believe in the letter I got with the book it said it was a cross between Heathers and Cruel Intentions. I was sold on the book at that point because for some reason I loved both of those dark and twisty movies. I would never personally go that far for something I wanted, but for some reason reading or watching it is interesting.

Natalie is not very likable (and she's not supposed to be I think), but for some reason you just keep reading. I did end up liking her some by the end. She is the main character in the book and it all centers around her. We see her with her boyfriend Mike, at school and with friends and even the ones who want to be like her. We see the good and the bad of Natalie and see her struggles.

This book brought out all kinds of feelings in me - from being appalled, to being sympathetic and just understanding how teenagers are and how this is such a tough time in life. It's a very entertaining and thought-provoking book and I really enjoyed it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove.

10/29/2009 page 73
10/30/2009 page 223
89.92% "This book is very engrossing. I keep wondering what will happen next."
10/30/2009 page 248
100.0% "Very interesting and different. I think this one will stay with me for awhile."
show 1 hidden update…