Josh's Reviews > It

It by Stephen King

Oct 11, 2007

liked it
Recommended for: people from Maine or other suburban states
Read in August, 2007

simply put, I liked this, but it was obscenely long. WAY too long, as a matter of fact. that is the very reason why I never read Stephen King before I was 25. Wow. That looks really stupid written down.

But it's true! And the second or sub-truth of that is that I'm glad I waited. I think I got more of a The Big Chill vibe from this book than an horrific one. I was not terrified, or really that scared reading it. But I liked what it says about getting older. And I think if you're a fast reader, then you should go ahead and plow through this one. I think it's the biggest book I've ever read. Definitely the largest single volume. But I'm pretty sure it's bigger than the entire LOTR Trilogy. That's kind of silly, don't you think? Anyway, I keep referencing it to people who haven't read it since they were 10, and I think it's a little lost on them. So someone at least read it, so we can talk about the persistance of memory; at least how it pertains to shape-shifting clowns in small town America.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It.

02/16 marked as: read