Heather *live on coffee and flowers*'s Reviews > The China Garden

The China Garden by Liz Berry

Oct 29, 2009

bookshelves: ya, guilty-pleasures, reread, mystery, before-gr, hot-guys

3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The China Garden.

Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠ YES! Someone else has read this but me. I love this weird book, love.

Heather *live on coffee and flowers* Me too! It's one of my old favorites.

Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠ I think I've had it since it was published. I just know I bought it from the bookstore, probably B&N, when I used to spend hours perusing there. Good times. I was never able to obtain anything else by this author, you?

P.S. How does one live on flowers? Good choice on the coffee part.

Heather *live on coffee and flowers* I got mine the same way, probably Borders though. A couple years ago I read Easy Connections by her and it was ... well, not great, from what I remember. The love interest rapes the MC early on, like a 70s romance novel but for young adults.

It's from a song by The National.

Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠ Yeah....not cool with that. Sounds like a weird coming of age French film I watched a few years ago. Ugh. I wish this author had written something else of comparable quality as The China Garden.

Hahaha, that video is great - John Slattery! Nice song as well.

Heather *live on coffee and flowers* She has quite a few books, but that one and this are SO different that I'm not exactly inclined to check the others out, at least not right now.

I'd never heard of him before, but I was interested in the video when I saw Kristen Schaal is in it. I've been a teensy bit obsessed with the song recently.

Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠ OOOOhhhh. John Slattery is in Mad Men. His character is hilarious and the boss/part owner of the advertising firm where the main characters work. Jon Hamm as Don Draper is too sexy for words. John Slattery is kind of his best friend in the show and fellow womanizer, boozer.