Sab H. (YA Bliss)'s Reviews > The Demon King

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima

Aug 16, 10

bookshelves: own-arc, high-fantasy, own, audiobook-2010, favorites, writing-learn, audiobooks
Read from June 17 to July 09, 2010

Warning: I am about to enter in a profound raving mode, which will be peaked in my Exiled Queen review. My love for this series cannot be expressed in words, yet I will do my best. Please note that words like awesome, amazing and love my be uncontrollably repeated withing the review of this trilogy.

The Demon King starts this epic story. As happens with any good high-fantasy book, the reader will be a little lost up until you get used to the terms and words and until you feel at ease in this new world. I assure you that when that happens, you will be enthralled beyond belief. The writing was mind-blowing! I would give my soul to that who promises me I could someday write like Cinda Williams Chima. I'm serious.

The Characters, the brilliantly woven plot, the magic in the storytelling, the atmospheric vividness of this wonderful world, and everything within these pages is pure perfection. The cover is also gorgeous and represents the amulet so important in the series. I have to say, I want to live inside this book. It's an amazing read, bound to make realistic fans fall in love with fantasy, and fantasy fans eager and craving for more. I believe it to be a MUST read for every YA lover. An instant classic.

I wish I had written the review for The Demon King before I read Exiled Queen, but I didn't. So, I remember it was a 5-star book, I had added it to my very exclusive list of favorites yet I admit I did not feel this jumpy, daydreaming/fan-girl excitement until I read book 2. Thus, I can't go back to writing a normal review because Exiled Queen was the best high fantasy book I've ever read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon King.

07/06/2010 page 80
16.0% "This is wonderful!" 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Donna It's like we're sharing a brain! LOL! I'm digging The Exiled Queen but I'm not sure if I liked it as much as The Demon King. I'm less than 1/4 of the way through it so there's certainly enough time to tell.