Kolleen's Reviews > Once Upon a Marigold

2195113
Nov 05, 09

bookshelves: young-adult
Read in November, 2009

This book was recommended to me by a 12 year-old (with good taste), and I do love fairy tales, so I decided to give it a shot. The first chapter was a little dull, I got a little worried that this was a bad choice, but it definately was NOT!

This book has all the workings of a fairy tale, with a little comedy mixed in. There are trolls, tooth fairies, castles, princesses, giants; the whole nine yards. There were even fairy tale comittess, such as the LEFT (Leprechauns, Elves, Fairies, and Trolls). By chapter two, I was hooked with Christian and Marigold's letters written back and forth (so cute!) and Marigold's cheesy jokes kept cracking me up. The twist at the end with what Christian really was and how the story ended was unexpected and a perfect turn of events.

This book was adorably cute, and almost made it onto my list of favorite books. I just ordered Twice Upon a Marigold, and can't wait to read that as well. Great story for any age.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Upon a Marigold.