Allegra's Reviews > The Tales of Beedle the Bard

F_50x66
Nov 01, 09

bookshelves: grade-8-ir-books-rick
Read in October, 2009

"The tales of Beetle the Bard" is a collection of short stories, and is a spin-off from the Harry Potter series. My favorite short story in the book was "The Warlocks Hairy Heart" This story was about a young warlock. When he saw how his friends became foolish when in love he vowed he would never be in love, so he took his wand and drew out his heart and placed it in his dungeon where it sat for years. Then one day he decided he wanted to have a wife and so he found one. He wanted to make her happy by giving her his heart and when he showed it to her it had become hairy and vulgar, for not having loved anything for so long. He placed it back in his chest, but when he saw how innocent and pure his wife’s heart was he wanted that so he ended up killing them both while trying to get it.

I can connect this short story to the world. Some people unfortunately on this world cannot help themselves. They want what other people to have at such an extent that they are willing to cheat, lie, steal, and in the case of this book murder.

I give this book a three out of five because although the commentary by Albus Dumbledore was interesting I found the stories to be quite boring. I am not sure if this is because they are based on my own childhood stories which I have heard so many times, or if they were genuinely not good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tales of Beedle the Bard.