Stephanie's Reviews > Heist Society

1619431
Mar 24, 10

bookshelves: own
Read from February 20 to 22, 2010

I'm seriously starting to think that Ally Carter may have been a CIA agent in her past life or an undercover CIA agent now...or she just really likes writing about spy stuff but I like to think it's one of the first two. :)

Heist Society resembled the Gallagher Girl series that Ally is famous for because they're all about being spy-like in nature. Though Heist Society wasn't about spies in particular, it had a lot of scenarios where it could have been a spy novel. Anyway, because this book was so similar to the Gallagher Girls, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found it thrilling and full of suspense as the plot moved further along.

Kat and Hale were fascinating characters. I loved the push and pull relationship they had and, at times, when they argued, they sounded like an old couple. Hahaha. It was really cute though. The one detrimental thing was the fact that sometimes the characters got kind of cliche...like in their personality and some of their responses and made it seem predictable somehow.

Either way though, I really enjoyed Heist Society. Another thing I found interesting was the fact that Kat's crew were ALL teenagers and there was this one part in the book where it said that the smartest teens in the world are now gathered together in one room. It was just amazing to see how "smart" those teens were with what they were doing and imagine that being real...how surreal would that be?

Overall, I thought Heist Society was definitely engaging and I found myself reading this book late into the night. I think that those who enjoyed Ally's other books will definitely enjoy this one as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heist Society.