Dan's Reviews > Learning Jquery 1.3

Learning Jquery 1.3 by Karl Swedberg

Feb 22, 2012

bookshelves: web
Read in February, 2012

I've used jQuery from time to time for a number of years now but only for very simple tasks, usually where any problem could be solved with a quick Google search. Lately though, I've been working on something just a bit more involved (still pretty simple in 'real' developers' eyes I'm sure!), so I decided to dust this off and actually read it at long last. I'm very glad I did.

The book seemed to be pitched at just the right level for me - some experience of coding and jQuery, but not a lot. It skips over the really, really basic stuff fairly fast and quickly covers all the core features of the library. These are followed by some relatively meaty examples of real-world use which I found challenging to understand, but not impossible. This is a good thing - really basic examples wouldn't have made me think about what was going on as hard.

I definitely learned a lot, and the well-written text meant I enjoyed the reading experience too - highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Learning Jquery 1.3.

10/27/2009 page 60
13.51% "Currently stalled - impressive and informative, but I don't *need* to know it right now so other things are coming first."

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul Kelly Does that mean your a jQuery expert now? I never got beyond the first few chapters!

message 2: by Dan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dan I've just noticed my status update on this one from 2009 when I gave up on page 60, so it's taken me a while to finish the job!

But yes, I'm now an expert and can do anything we could possibly imagine, easy :)