Ellen's Reviews > The Historian

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
374952
's review
Oct 11, 2007

did not like it

For whatever reason, some books are harder than others to finish. I have found myself locked in a battle with a book thinking, "I am smarter than this book and will not be defeated! I must finish this book even if I hate every second of it!" 90% of the time, I am glad I finished a book. This book belongs to the other 10%. There is a discussion on this book titled, "There is No Worse Thief Than a Bad Book" and I couldn't agree more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Historian.
Sign In »

Comments (showing 1-1 of 1) (1 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Pamela I know exactly what you mean, Ellen. While I didn't hate the book, I did feel the need to conquer it. It should have been condensed by more than half. Maybe I kept reading because of my love for vampire stories and a hope that there'd be some fantastical ending. Foolish me.


back to top