Rose's Reviews > Angel Time

Angel Time by Anne Rice

Mar 30, 10

bookshelves: angels
Read from March 21 to 30, 2010

Angels and Time Travel, sounds interesting? It's not. This book seems written rather quickly with little real character development or depth.

The story of an assassin who finds redemption through time traveling with an angel to make right all his wrongs was a good premise, but sadly turned into a boring, preachy read. From a historical perspective, I did learn a few things. The assassin, Toby, gets sent back to 1200's medievel times to Norwich to help a jewish family out of a predicament they are tangled in which could end badly for them and all the jews in their community. In this time you learn about how the jews suffered so in England at the hands of their christian community. I was not aware of this part of history and found it interesting enough to find out more about it.

Being this is a first book in what apparently will be another series for Anne Rice, I will give it the benefit of a doubt and continue with the 2nd installment. Although, I do miss the rich, elegant writing style of her vampire stories which were far more believeable as well than this, I will give it a chance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Time.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mike (the Paladin) Never really cared for her vampire stuff...but I plan to try these. It may be a while...but I'll try to chime in once I've tried it.

Rose She has left plenty of room to go many places and expand on this series. I like to read at least 3 books in a series before I give them up. I wasn't really impressed with Storm Front, first of Harry Dresden, but continued and am thrilled that I did since that is one of my favorites :)

Mike (the Paladin) I'm also a huge Dresden fan...I read the first 3 or 4 in a row (I got them in an omnibus edition) and have snatched them up as soon as they came out ever since.

Rose We met Jim Butcher at a book signing in San Francisco. My kids, my husband and myself all fell in love! He is a delight to see and hear in person. Got a few Harry's signed as well. We are also fans of his Codex Alera series.

Mike (the Paladin) I'm 2 books behind on the Codex series. I have Princeps Fury on my shelf waiting to be read... I still haven't bought First Lord's Fury.