Alison's Reviews > The Superior Wife Syndrome: Why Women Do Everything So Well and Why--For the Sake of Our Marriages--We've Got to Stop

The Superior Wife Syndrome by Carin Rubenstein

F 50x66
Dec 19, 2009

it was ok
Read in December, 2009

I found some of the material in this book quite interesting...namely, the first and last chapters. Everything in between...not so much. That said, I would have loved to have read this as a magazine article, not a drawn out book (I did skim a lot, like the Encyclopedia of Nagging...nothing to be gained from that whatsoever). I was intrigued by the author's descriptions of biological and cultural differences between men and women. In the first chapter, she seems to be making a case for "why do women get married at all?...men are nothing but a bother." I actually flipped to the back and was surprised to learn that she is married. The bottom line for me is that I picked up this book because I read a description and was afraid I was a "superior wife", but what I got out of it was an immense sense of gratitude for my husband, his willingness, and our "non-superior wife" marriage.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Superior Wife Syndrome.