Shawna's Reviews > Never Too Hot

Never Too Hot by Bella Andre

5 stars – Contemporary Romance

This latest installment in the Hot Shots: Men of Fire series takes place around Poplar Cove on Blue Mountain Lake in the Adirondacks, where scarred wildland firefighter Connor MacKenzie is taking time to restore his family’s 100-year-old cabin, find solitude, and heal and train his injured body, while he awaits the decision regarding his future as a hotshot. Ginger Sinclair left her stifling, rich New York life for the peaceful pace of Poplar Cove to recover from a bad marriage and to find herself again, and she doesn’t need a sexy, gruff, angry firefighter disrupting the niche she’s carved for herself. Connor can’t believe when he finds a beautiful woman singing and painting in his family’s cabin, and she’s definitely a distraction and disturbance he wasn’t prepared for and doesn’t want, but when she stakes her claim and refuses to leave, the two reach an agreement to temporarily share the cabin. Can Ginger help Connor heal, find his worth beyond life as a hotshot firefighter, and convince him to take a chance on love?

There’s a satisfying secondary romance of lovers reunited after 30 years between Connor’s estranged father Andrew and his former teenage love Isabel that’s an affecting addition to the story. This is a straight contemporary, rather than romantic suspense like the first two installments, and it reminded me a little bit of Toni Blake’s Destiny series and Robyn Carr’s Virgin River series. Never Too Hot is an emotional, touching, steamy romance about two wounded souls who find wonder, passion, strength, and healing in each other and about the awesome power of love. 5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Too Hot.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rossy (new) - added it

Rossy Fantastic review, Shawna!

Auntee Sounds gggrreat, Shawna! And you mentioned two of my favorite authors (Carr and Blake) so it's sure to be a winner!

message 3: by Shawna (last edited May 30, 2010 06:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna Thanks, ya'll! :)

-Zosia, I hope you get your copy, soon!

-Auntee, It was a nice surprise 'cause even though I liked the first two books, I really enjoyed this one, especially the strong emotion and small town feel.

message 4: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 Fantastic review, Shawna!!! This is another book I have seen lately and I wondered if it was good or not. Bella Andre is a new author to me so I am glad to hear you liked it. Now, I have to add it to my list too. LOL!

Shawna Thanks, Ally! Happy to add to your TBR pile! :)

message 6: by SheLove2Read (new)

SheLove2Read I love the cover.

Kathrynn Awesome, Shawna! :-)

Shawna Me too, Sherri. Although, it's not quite as hot as Wild Heat (Hot Shots  Men of Fire #1) by Bella Andre or Hot as Sin (Hot Shots  Men of Fire #2) by Bella Andre.

Thanks, Kathrynn! I hope you enjoy it, too!

message 9: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim Great review! I can't wait to start this series.

Shawna Thanks, Kim! I think you'll enjoy 'em, especially this one.