Bookaholics's Reviews > Can't Stand the Heat

Oct 27, 09

Can’t Stand The Heat By Louisa Edwards
Contemporary Romance – September 2009
3 ½ Stars

Can’t Stand The Heat is the first book in the Recipe for Love series by Louisa Edwards. Her Recipe for Love series centers on the lives of the cooking staff at a NYC Restaurant.

Miranda Wake is a tough food critic who gets the opportunity to spend a month alongside head chef Adam Temple in the kitchen of his hot new NYC restaurant. She hopes to write an expose about what really goes on behind the scenes but finds a lot more is cookin’ besides food!

Miranda and Adam are characters that you will find endearing and you will easily become invested in their lives. They are both interesting characters and have great appeal as a couple, especially in the beginning where their initial animosity develops into a great bit of chemistry! The only quibble I had was that I found some of Miranda’s choices rash and difficult to believe.

But along with Miranda and Adam there is a whole kitchen full of fascinating characters that you want to learn more about and made me glad that there will be more books in the Recipe For Love series.
This book is a great mix of contemporary romance mixed with the love of cooking. As someone who loves both cooking and romance I am very pleased to find an author who does an excellent job of mixing the two together. If you love a good romantic story with a fun twist this is a book you will find hard to put down before reaching the very end.

Reviewed by Mary from the Bookaholics Romance Book Club
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can't Stand the Heat.