Johnsergeant's Reviews > Coyote Frontier

Read in October, 2009

Narrated by
Peter Ganim, Allen Steele, Therese Plummer

17 hrs and 1 mins

I would have rated this 4 stars, except I really didn't like the initial male narrator - not sure which one he was. He seemed too dry, emotionless and computer-like - maybe that was intentional, but it didn't appeal to me. Despite that, I really enjoyed the story.

Publisher's Summary
The revolution that won Coyote's independence from Earth is 20 years past. Coyote's aging computers, aircraft, and medical equipment are badly in need of replacement. And the colony's survival is in question. Now the colony's hard-won independence depends on the descendants of Coyote's original settlers-versus help from Earth that may be more of a detriment than a boon.

Former freedom fighter Carlos Montero, now in his 50s and burdened with the responsibilities of leadership. Manuel Castro, the Savant and former Lieutenant Governor of New Florida, now a hermit who may hold the key to the survival of those whose company he has renounced. Jonas Whittaker, the genius inventor haunted by the loss of the wife and daughter he sacrificed to save. And Morgan Goldstein, an entrepreneur seeking to exploit Coyote's natural resources - even if it means ruining the planet itself. As Coyote's future hangs in the balance, a larger question looms: can the human race settle a new world without bringing forward the problems of the world it left behind?

BONUS AUDIO: Includes an exclusive introduction by author Allen Steele.

©2005 Allen Steele; (P)2008 Audible, Inc.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coyote Frontier.