Ronda Tutt's Reviews > Deep Kiss of Winter

Deep Kiss of Winter by Kresley Cole

Apr 30, 10

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, favorites
Read from April 22 to 30, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I absolutely loved "Untouchable". There are two stories in this book, Untouchable by Kresley Cole and then a story by Gena Showalter. I didn't read the story by Gena Showalter, I read it at a later date.

Untouchable was the romance story between Daniela the Ice maiden/Queen and Murdoch Wroth the vampire.

Daniela couldn't be touch by anyone because it burned her skin and brought about pain. While roaming the streets, Murdoch runs into Daniela and ends up saving her life, little did he know that she would blood him and she would be his mate.

I think this is one of the best stories she has written because there are two people who want nothing but happiness and to be loved and touched. Through out the whole story, Murdoch and Daniela please each other with gloves but never touching skin to skin, they are never truely sated.

Murdoch desires to take her blood and truely make Daniela his but as they live together, the wanting of her blood becomes unbearable until Murdoch loses control and takes her neck. By doing so, Daniela is in shock and tells him she never wants to see him again and that she is going to go claim her rightful crown to be queen.

After Daniela leaves, Murdoch is called by his brother Nikolai telling him that they are going to war and Murdoch flashes to meet up with his two other brothers only to be captured by Kristoff and put in prison because they had hidden their brother Caden, the vampire who had red eyes from blood lust.

Murdoch and his brothers are rescued by Caden and everything is cleared with kristoff. Murdoch flashes off to find Daniela so he can convince her that he loves her and has found a way for them to be together because while he was held captive, he realized he was different after taking her blood, her blood was turning him into part of what she was.

In the end, Murdoch wins the love of his life and they are finally able to touch each other and be together forever. The story ends with all the Wroth brothers and their wives together for christmas discussing when they will use the Tranes Key to bring back their sisters.

I truely liked all the stories of these brothers, and now it will be interesting to find out if Kresley Cole ends up writing anything on the sisters once they are brought back into the current time.

I love this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep Kiss of Winter.

04/29/2010 page 10
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laurie Garrison Did you read the other story? If so did you like it? I wanted to wait and start for the beginning.

Ronda  Tutt I'm like you, I didn't read Alien Huntress story because I wanted to read that series in order. I have read the 1st book of Alien Huntress but I think I gave it a 3 star, It was ok, maybe the 2nd book in that series will be better.

Laura the Highland Hussy can I jump in? I read the Alien Huntress series out of order, with Deep kiss of Winter being the first one I read. I loved it, and didn't feel confused. So I got the rest of the series (minus the YA ones-those are hard to find) I also didn't care for the first book much, but the rest of the series gets better...the second book, and the 4th 5th and 6th are soooo good. Pure Gena Showalter. And I don't like future-y things or space things, so for me to say that, is a big deal. :)

Ronda  Tutt Thats good to hear Laurie about the rest of the books in the Alien Huntress series. I just love Gena Showalters Lords of the Underworld Series. Thanks for the heads up.

Laura the Highland Hussy lol, which laurie? okay, i know it's me :)
I think you'll like them as you go...It's easier to like them without Mia-I really didn't like her :(

Ronda  Tutt You so crazy girl, of course I'm talking to you - LOL You know what, i think you may be right because I didn't know what to think about Mia.