Hannah's Reviews > These Is My Words

These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner

Mar 23, 10

Read in January, 2006

I really, REALLY love this book. In my top three for sure. Sarah is a favorite heroine, so far I have not come across another that I have enjoyed as much as her. I could relate to her throughout the whole book, was inspired and even envious of the beautiful simplicity of her life. Although hard. Her story was inspiring.

The end about killed me though. This was the first book I read and sobbed at the end and then threw it across the room when I was done. It was so good.

Captain Jack Elliot- I mean come on!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Is My Words.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michelle Seriously. I don't know if I love Sarah or Captain Jack more! One of my top favorite books as well.

Hannah I have never re-read it and I am loving it even more the second time around :)

Lucy I agree, the re-read might even be better than reading it the first time and that's a rare opinion from me. I'm almost always a little bit sad when I finish a good book the first time through because I know I won't ever get to read it raw again.

But, re-reading this, I think my emotions were already heightened because I had already fallen in love with the characters and the story.

As far as Captain Jack or Sarah, my vote goes to Sarah. What makes Captain Jack so irresistible to me is how he loves her.

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Hannah, thanks for the heads-up on this book. Upon your recommendation, I did read the book and LOVED it so much that I read the entire series within a week!

Jessietaylortanner A perennial favorite!

message 6: by Tasha (new)

Tasha I;m TOTALLY with you! Jack Elliot, shiver me timbers!!!