Kathleen Hagen's Reviews > Nine Dragons

F_50x66
Oct 26, 09

bookshelves: 2009-audio-books, 2009-mysteries
Read in October, 2009

Nine Dragons, by Michael Connelly, B-plus. Narrated by Len Carriou, produced by Hachette Audio, downloaded from audible.com.

This is Harry Bosch, now assigned to an elite crimes unit. I guess he’s out of retirement. He is brought in on a case where a liquor store owner is killed, John Li. He has met the man once and likes him and promises his family he’ll find the killer. His diligence at trying to find the killer backfires, and his daughter, now living in Hong Kong with his former love, Ellinore Wish, is kidnapped by one of the Triads, (Chinese gangs). Harry rushes off to Hong Kong to help his wife look for and regain custody of his daughter. I do not think this book was Bosch’s best by any means. Harry Bosch followed violence throughout Hong Kong and managed while there to fly below the Hong Kong Police’s radar until he returned to the U.S., leaving, I think eight people dead in his wake. I don’t know where Connelly was going with this book. I guess we’ll see more of Bosch with his daughter, if there are more books. But I hope we don’t see him continuing his Clint Eastwood “Dirty Harry” act.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nine Dragons.