Aimee's Reviews > Three Days to Dead

Three Days to Dead by Kelly Meding

Dec 20, 09

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, own-it, absolute-faves, made-me-cry, violence-is-golden, made-me-laugh-out-loud, signed-copy
Read in December, 2009

Evangeline Stone was a Dreg hunter since she was a teenager. One day she wakes up in a cold morgue in an unfamiliar body. She was killed days before and has no clue how or why. She turns to Wyatt, her handler, the one person she knows she can trust. She now has three days to solve the mystery of her death and all of the conspiracy surrounding it. At the end of three days the spell ends and she goes back to being dead. There is no second chance.

WOW! That was one nasty, dirty, no-holds barred, gritty, dark, edge-of-your-seat thrill ride! Kelly Meding certainly doesn't pull her punches. There was non-stop action and plot twists galore. I wouldn't recommend this book for those who are squeamish about death and violence. There is no fluff to this book....it's a very brutally dark urban fantasy.

I really liked Evy as a heroine. She was gutsy, but not arrogant. She makes mistakes, but isn't stupid about it. Guilt and fear over her past weigh on her, but she is able to push it aside and do what needs to be done. She's snarky, and sometimes rude...but mostly a good person.

Wyatt was the other gem of this story. He was a little heavy on the self-loathing at times...but he made up for it with his witty banter with Evy. I loved the way they interacted! Then there was Alex who stole my heart at the very beginning. What a softie I'm becoming!

There were some emotional moments mixed in with all of the action. Enough at one or two points to drag a tear from my eye. I cared about the characters, and what happened to them. And at least one turn of events shocked me to the point where I just sat there, blinking my eyes trying to catch up with myself.

I'll be watching for the next book to this series for sure!

3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Days to Dead.

12/17/2009 page 25
6.17% "It's got my attention! I'm intrigued. Once my daughter goes down for nap I can read some more!"
12/17/2009 page 25
6.17% "This one is too engrossing to read with a toddler running around. I'll have to put it off till my husband's here to help distract little'un."
12/17/2009 page 40
9.88% "Ok, so I couldn't help myself. She's in bed so I HAD to pick it back up. I was too interested to wait for the weekend! It'll be a long night"
12/17/2009 page 119
29.38% "Wow, this one doesn't let up on the tension, does it!?! I've been trying to find a stopping point so I can go to bed. Hard to do...intense!"
12/19/2009 page 262
64.69% "This is a dark one. No hold's barred, gritty, dirty and harsh. I like it!"
12/19/2009 page 331
81.73% "Holy Crap! I SO didn't see THAT coming! Not quite tears...but it gave me that tight feeling in the back of my throat from fighting it."

Darcy I am interested to see what you think about this one. It is on my tbr pile and I have been looking forward to it.

message 2: by Shawna (new) - added it

Shawna I almost bought this last night but made myself pass on it since I was supposed to be Christmas shopping, lol! I know I won't be able to resist next time I'm at the book store! :)

Aimee I got a signed copy from a drawing a few weeks back. It came in the mail 2 days ago, and now it's in my hands being read...lol. I couldn't not read it. It was suggested by Jeaniene Frost on her blog. And she blurbed it. She's yet to steer me wrong. So I knew it would be a good one. I'm really enjoying it so far. I think it's going to be an intense ride, though.