Beth's Reviews > The Power of a Praying Wife

The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian

Dec 28, 2009

it was ok
Read in December, 2009

I don't feel it is said clearly enough that a woman can yearn for sex just as much as a man, if not more, in some cases. The author also states something that I argue against constantly, that if you (woman) don't "give it to" your man, then he will find it somewhere else. Sure, it does happen, not arguing that part. And not arguing that a man or a woman never make mistakes like that and then can't be really and truly sorry. But it is not a rule, it is something that may happen because of bad judgment and little discipline and little patience. This statement makes it sound as if in that case it would be her fault, because she didn't give him what he needed, so he strayed. Excuse me, but bull! It feels like a need, for sure, but people CAN go without it and they live! It fucking sucks, but it's possible. Everyone can have better control than that, man or woman. Another thing in this chapter that really bothers me is the statement that if a woman lets months go by without sex, then she needs to do better for him, but if a man lets months go by without sex, then something is wrong, and the wife needs to seek out how to fix it for him. Why is it so one-sided? A man or woman can yearn for sex or be obsessed with sex just as much as the other. And a man can get busy or distracted or whatever by other things in life and not have sex for an extended period of time just as easily or as often as a woman can. Men AND women both have "the need" for sex and I don't understand why the man gets more sympathy in all these things.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power of a Praying Wife.