Adzua's Reviews > The Great Call of China

F_50x66
Nov 01, 09

bookshelves: grade-8-ir-books
Read in November, 2009

The book Great Call of China by Cynthea Liu is about a girl named CeCe who was adopted from China when she was two. Now that shes older and has the chance to go to China. When she leaves she hopes to visit the orphange that she grew up and in and try to find her birth parents. A internal conflict which should go to find her birth parents or obey her mom and not go looking. A external conflict that CeCe faces is with Jessica her roomate. In a certain part of the book tension rises between them.

I can connect this book to the world. This is because some people who have been adpoted sometimes want the truth about there birth parents or wants to know where they are from. Or try to diccover themself as a person. I can connect this to the book because CeCe tries to figure out the truth of her birth parents for her self.

I gave this book 3 stars becuase even though I was pulled in a little it still really capture me in to it. I would recommend this book to people who like adventure books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Great Call of China.