Kirsten's Reviews > The Truth About Forever

Feb 01, 2011

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended for: Anyone
read count: 2

So I am on a re-read roll with my Sarah Dessen books in an attempt to give them good reviews, since I cannot in good conscience leave this review box empty. After reading this a second time I don't know that it's a my favorite Dessen book anymore, of course I still love it, but something about it was less magical on the second read. That being said, I think this book is one of her better written books and would recommend it to anyone who likes this style.Sadly I would catagorize it as teen chick-lit, but I feel like it's so much more than that!(Can you hear the desperation in my voice as I try to convince you to read this even though I make plenty of statments as to why you shouldn't?)

Ok, so I'm in love the running themes in this book. All of her books have them and in this one they are catering, perfection, art, old/crapy/seen on TV gifts, and death. And let me tell you, it's a great combination. I felt like the relationships in this books were carefully crafted and so much depth comes out of the charaters when they interact. The guy is HOT. And he does hot guy stuff like welding... but he makes it sensitive by welding things into art... so yeah, Hot sensitive guy, perfectionist girl falling apart at the seams, what's not to love?

Read! Read! Read!
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth About Forever.

Jessica I love this book ♥

message 2: by Kirsten (last edited Feb 02, 2011 08:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kirsten Normal people do... :D. I've been trying to get Stef to read it for ages but she just keeps putting it off.

Jessica Whaaaat? I think I need to have a word with your sister! *shouts* STEF! Get over here and read this book!!!

Arlene This book is my fave by Dessen.

Kirsten Hahaha, Yes! I think some outside influence would help. Maybe we can persuade whoever gets her for the challege next month to make her read it...

Morgan F Arlene wrote: "This book is my fave by Dessen."

Mine too. This reminds me that I have to re-read it.

Janina I really liked this one, too. It's not my absolute favourite, but still ...

And I loved the 'games' Macy and Wes played all the time. I think I'll have to reread this soon as well. And maybe even buy the English version ...

Arlene Now I want to re-read it too. Did you read Along for the Ride? I liked that one too, but it took me a while to come to care for the MC. I think I want to re-read that one too.

message 9: by Stefanie (new) - added it

Stefanie Yes, Jess?? You called?

I know, it's pathetic that I haven't read any Dessen books. Lol a complete fail on my part.

I even have This Lullaby, Just Listen, and of course The Truth about Forever

I keep thinking I'll get around to them....thank goodness for the TBR Challege. So helpful!

Morgan F Arlene wrote: "Now I want to re-read it too. Did you read Along for the Ride? I liked that one too, but it took me a while to come to care for the MC. I think I want to re-read that one too."

I read it, but it wasn't my favorite. I don't remember much about it....

I have Keeping the Moon practically memorized though. I owned it in a time when I only had about 50 books and no library card.

Kirsten @Arlene Haha I should've made that some sort of re-read challenge. Then we could've all read them together. I read Along for the Ride again already and I think I'm going to re-read Just Listen while I'm reading Jellico.

@Janina I was just talking to my friends about the games they play the other day and how they are probably some of the best dialogue I have ever read, it's so witty and fun, and at the same time we learn so much about the characters from them... *sigh* I love it.

Jessica Stefanie wrote: "Yes, Jess?? You called?"

Yes! I really hope you get around to reading it soon, Stef. Wes is just...*dreamy sigh*