Qt's Reviews > A Swiftly Tilting Planet

A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L'Engle

Nov 24, 07

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in November, 2007

This installment in the "Wrinkle in Time" quartet contains, as the others do, a wonderful and unusual mixture of ideas. It has spirituality and religion, fantasy, time and space travel, and philosophy, and nearly every page seems to celebrate life. While all the books in the quartet are very good, I think I liked this one and "Wrinkle in Time" the best. "A Swiftly Tilting Planet" was suspenseful, well-written, and beautifully done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Swiftly Tilting Planet.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann These sound like lovely books. Is "Wrinkle in Time" the first book in the series?

message 2: by Qt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Qt Yes, it is; then there's "A Wind in the Door," "Many Waters," and then this one.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann Great! Thanks;)

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn I should, perhaps, try to read "A Wrinkle in Time" someday! I seem to remember trying them when I was much, much younger and not being especially captivated. But, perhaps it was beyond me at the time. The series sounds wonderful now!!! Thanks for the great reviews.

Auntie J This one is also my favorite of the series.

message 6: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san I LOVE her books!!! Until I had a goodreads account I had NO IDEA there was another one besides A Wrinkle in Time and A Wind in the Door!!
I just bough ALL of the books yesterday and I'M SO HAPPPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can I be your friend???

message 7: by Qt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Qt Sure :-) Thanks for the invitation!

message 8: by Qt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Qt And, I really like her books too--I love how she makes everyday details so special :-)

message 9: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san Yeah totally! I just finished this one today! What a good book!!

message 10: by Qt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Qt Yeah, I love it :-D It has just about everything! And I love the Jody Lee covers (the one shown on this GoodReads page).

message 11: by Eoin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eoin Isn't this the third one? Many Waters is the fourth.

message 12: by Qt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Qt Thanks--you are probably right, and I'll change that in my review. Thanks!

message 13: by Eoin (new) - rated it 4 stars