Keiki Hendrix's Reviews > The Second Trumpet: Can One Man's Faith Thwart the Destruction of the Nation's Capital?

The Second Trumpet by Larry  Miles

Dec 21, 09

bookshelves: fiction-christian
Read in December, 2009

Quite an enjoyable read – a story of intrigue, providence, and faith.

Sinister terrorists plot to attack the White House in Larry Miles debut novel ‘The Second Trumpet.‘ Will the terrorist be successful? Is this just the beginning? Who can battle fear at this level? How can the lives of one incarcerated real estate developer, a writer facing the first real test of his faith, and a pastor leaning only on the voice of God come against organized terrorism?

This was a great story.

It is a short book, only 132 pages, but does hint at what is to come from Larry Miles. The military detail described in the story was interesting and educational. The process of how God speaks to, directs, and confirms His Word to His chosen ones was also enlightening.

I read of extreme misdirected devotion in the life of the terrorist proving that one can be truly sincere and still deceived.

I read of the faith refining process proving that sometimes we are on a ‘need to know’ basis with God and this is as it should be. If we knew in advance all the places God would take us in our lives, we might not even attempt to follow.

I read of the two sides of what we see as the Church. One side is filled with education, endorsement, and great swelling congregations. The other side filled with ordinary folk who simply believe the Word as it is written.

One character is worth remembering. He represented Jesus and as He often does in real life, He appears in a most uncommon way.

I recommend this book and look forward to more of Larry Miles work. Reading from his website I find that he leads a bible study each week. This certainly shows in his work

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Second Trumpet.