Nicole's Reviews > Intertwined

Intertwined by Gena Showalter

Jan 07, 10

Read in January, 2010

This review is basically all praise. I loved this book! I read it quickly, swallowing it up. I'm a fantastical and paranormal fanatic so this book was like reading a dream. Vampire, witches, shape-shifters, dead corpses come to life, time travel, goblins, premonitions, body possessions, demons, bullies, trapped souls, fairy creatures, drug deals, and love--yeah, it has all that and then some. This book couldn't be dull to me even if it tried. There was so much to grab my attention and even though it's a busy story, I was never confused.

The story begins with Aden and his four souls (trapped inside him) battling dead corpses in a cemetery, and just as the battle is getting more fierce, everything stops! Mary Ann, walking through the cemetery, some how stops the supernatural occurrence. She even stops the voices in Aden's head. This draws Aden to her and a friendship begins. Both of them must battle against supernatural creatures invading their town and in the process they both fall in love--Aden with a vampire princess and Mary Ann with a werewolf.

The romantic aspect of the story was great. After all, if you double the romance, you double the fun. I loved the progression of the romance and the budding friendship between Aden and Mary Ann. It was a very sweet story. I'm so looking forward to the sequel--UNRAVELED comes out September 2010!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intertwined.