Lisa Vegan's Reviews > That Rabbit Belongs to Emily Brown

That Rabbit Belongs to Emily Brown by Cressida Cowell

Sep 14, 10

bookshelves: childrens, fiction, picture-books, reviewed
Recommended to Lisa by: Chandra
Recommended for: kids who have a beloved favorite stuffed animal, doll or toy; kids who enjoy imaginative play
Read on September 14, 2010

A wonderful book about what makes a toy special to a child, and imagination and love and fun, and familiarity, have a lot to do with it.

Of course, when the Queen offers Emily a plethora of toys in exchange for Emily’s toy rabbit, a rabbit she covets, and misnames, naturally no replacements wil satisfy Emily.

I love all the adventures that Emily and Stanley the rabbit have, and the illustrations showing these adventures are marvelous.

I love how Emily shows the Queen how to create a beloved toy of her own.

The story is one any child with a beloved stuffed animal or any doll or toy will identify with, but for me it’s the illustrations (with the accompanying text) that make the book so outstanding.

The imaginativeness of children’s play really comes through here, but I don’t remember my play ever being so ingenious.

I love how my copy (from my library’s LINK+ system) has “Berkeley Public Library” stamped in the built in book’s nameplate: “This ‘That Rabbit’ Book Belongs To:”
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read That Rabbit Belongs to Emily Brown.