Kristi's Reviews > Bloodborn

Bloodborn by Karen Kincy

Nov 06, 11

Read from August 28 to 29, 2011

Bloodborn is a companion novel to Other. You don't need to read Other prior to reading Bloodborn, but you do have a richer experience with the novel if you do read Other first. (In case that didn't come across as clear as I wanted it to.... read Other first!!) You'll even recognize some of the characters from Other in Bloodborn. Including the main character Brock, who had a short stint in Other.

While I liked Bloodborn, I have to admit that Other is still my favorite.

I love the mythology of these novels with its various creatures, Bloodborn, however, focuses more on one specific creature of myth: werewolves! In Kincy's world, not all of werewolves are born, like Brock some werewolves are Bloodborn..... or bitten. And most don't survive. Did I mention that these werewolves are also discriminated against... tracked down and shot just for the fun or it. Brock used to be one of those people that carried around those thoughts.

I empathized with Brock's situation. Becoming the one thing that you hate... and can't do anything about, but I never really connected with his character or his story. I was on the outside looking in.... instead of feeling like a part of the story. I wanted to feel like I was there with these characters!

Despite not enjoying Bloodborn as much as Other, I still really enjoy this series and am looking forward to reading the next installment! I'd recommend this book and series to fans of mythical creatures, paranormal reads and werewolves!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodborn.

08/28/2011 page 213