Elizabeth Scott's Reviews > The Bronze Horseman

The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons

Oct 26, 09

Read in October, 2009

This is a great escapist read, especially if you like love stories and don't mind love scenes (I know some people don't like them). The Bronze Horseman takes place during World War II, and mostly in Leningrad. It's about Tatiana and Alexander, a seventeen-year old girl and a soldier, who meet and fall in love. But, of course, there are complications (Boy, are there complications!)

If you're looking for a book that really details what life in Leningrad was like during the time Hitler basically starved most of the city to death while trying to get it to surrender, read Helen Dunmore's breathtaking The Siege. But! If you're looking for a good, long historical love story, The Bronze Horseman is very much worth checking out. I had a lot of fun reading it, though I will say the it is not for those who need an unconditional HEA.
5 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bronze Horseman.

madison Haha "Boy, are there complications!" SO many of them, I got so frustrated but was stil in love with this book. =]

Elizabeth Scott Madison, I totally know what you mean! The book is full of SO much drama but there's something about it that just works. :-)