Carrie's Reviews > Looking for Alaska

Mar 31, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own
Recommended for: Older YA & Adults
Read from March 24 to 31, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Miles Halter is a loner; that is until he transfers to a boarding school in Alabama. There he becomes instant friends with a small group of trouble makers. Even though his new friends aren’t the best influences, Miles begins to understand what true friendship is. He will do anything for those who accepted him from the beginning.

When tragedy hits this small group of friends, they learn important life lessons. As hard as they try to save one of their own, they realize that sometimes it can’t be done. Some things are out of our control. Letting go is one of the hardest things to do but in order to survive, to live life to the fullest, you can’t let things hold you back, you have to let go. Even though you can’t say sorry in some cases, you have to believe you are forgiven by the one who is gone. If you don’t, you are haunted and your life becomes insignificant to you.

I almost stopped reading this book several times. Because of its ratings, I pushed through the crap, (teen drinking, smoking, etc., it was a bit overboard I thought). I hoped the end would save the beginning. Thankfully it did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Looking for Alaska.