Thom Foolery's Reviews > JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why It Matters

JFK and the Unspeakable by James W. Douglass

Nov 01, 09

bookshelves: biography, espionage, history, christianity, repression, resistance, social-commentary, true-crime, conspiracy, catholicism
Recommended to Thom by: Catholic Worker publication, I think
Read in November, 2009, read count: 1

"The promoters of the systemic evil involved in killing President Kennedy counted our our repression and denial of its reality. They knew that no one would want to deal with the elephant in the living room. The Dallas and Bethesda doctors who saw the truth staring up at them from the president's dead body, and who then backed away from it, were not unique. They are symbolic of us all." p. 315

"The extent to which our national security state was systematically marshaled for the assassination of President John F. Kennedy remains incomprehensible to us. When we live in a system, we absorb a system and think in a system. We lack the independence needed to judge the system around us. Yet the evidence we have seen points to our national security state, the systemic bubble in which we all live, as the source of Kennedy's murder and immediate cover-up." - p. 370
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read JFK and the Unspeakable.

10/25/2009 page 99
10/27/2009 page 223
43.73% "Douglass makes a plausible case for that elements in the CIA were behind assassinating Kennedy because of profound policy shifts re peace."
show 2 hidden updates…