Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}'s Reviews > Bitten in Two

Jul 12, 2014

liked it
bookshelves: hunters-warriors-assassins, vampires, read-in-2011, dtb
Read from November 19, 2010 to March 11, 2011

Love of all kinds grabs every character by the balls and squeezes which didn't always end happily. Loss has always played a big part in this series but it's showcased in a new light in this one. I found Jaz's approach to not leaving Vayl even though he wasn't himself (he'd regressed to his 1777 self and viewed everyone close to him as characters from his past), possibly permanently so, very moving. Their love letters to each other were very emotional and not cheesy in the least. I appreciated her finally understanding the pain of Cole's unrequited love, there's nothing like experiencing something for yourself.

I'm worried about Cole. He goes through hell. I'm figuring he's going to have trouble with PTSD and will probably have to work through some trust issues. Physically, I'm wondering what the after-effects of what happened to him will be. I hope we haven't seen the last of this adorable and jovial man.

Bergman, another source of hilarity, exposes his secrets in a drug-filled haze and jeez, were they embarrassing. I'm so glad he was surrounded by friends, or rather family as I like to think of them, to help him get passed his issues.

Now for a one-off character: Yousef -masochistic stalker. What do you do with a man who won't back off? Who grins when you hit him? Loved his advice about women: Let them beat you...but don't let them break you.

Despite the many funny lines and emotional scenes it wasn't the easiest of reads. I did quite a bit of skimming because I simply didn't think I could finish the book without doing so. I'm not sure why.

The Deadliest Bite is the last in the series and I hope it wraps everything up as there are quite a few loose threads and unanswered questions.

2.5 stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitten in Two.

03/06/2011 page 12
show 1 hidden update…

♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ I really like Jaz, such a funny character.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} Have you read all of these books now? Are you going to read Bitten in Two? I mostly read them for the comedic moments, Jennifer Rardin does make me laugh!

message 3: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH I found that so far (up to bk4) the comedic moments make the book for me. The vocabulary bugs me that I have to keep looking up the words. Great review.

message 4: by Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (last edited Mar 11, 2011 10:38AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} Thanks, AH! There are plenty of comedic moments in this. I didn't have any trouble with the vocab, it was all pretty straightforward.

♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ Only 3 stars? I like the comedy Jennifer Rardin created in this series, but I need something more. Sometimes it was so easy to be pulled out of her story because Jaz was busy talking to so many people at once. Granny on the front porch and all that became to much. I wanted to scream Focus Jaz!

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} Lynn, granny and teen Jaz did pop up a few times but I skipped/skimmed those bits.