Kayeb's Reviews > The Casebook of Victor Frankenstein

The Casebook of Victor Frankenstein by Peter Ackroyd

F_50x66
Nov 05, 09

Read in November, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It reminded me of a conversation with a friend not so long ago, that it takes a series of small steps or yeses to reach an outcome, and as this story unfolds, we see Victor Frankenstein making just that...one step towards the outcome at a time.

Questions are raised.....is this a creation or the creator that wreaks havoc? what is the nature of human consciousness? What is the power of a relationship...in this case that between Percy Bysshe Shelley and Victor?
We also get glimpses of the steps that have created the medicine we know today...the stealing of bodies to do research, the threat that went along with being caught.... and yet there were those who took this risk all along, and has enhanced understandnig of the human body. However, it also bring us back to what characterizes humanness.

Not light reading, but not cumbersome either. I would look for this authors works in the future, as well!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Casebook of Victor Frankenstein.

10/24/2009 page 91