Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)'s Reviews > Wolverine: Weapon X

Wolverine by Barry Windsor-Smith

Oct 24, 09

bookshelves: graphic-novel-comic-book, marvel-comics, superheroes, antihero, tortured-hero, borrowed-not-owned
Recommended to Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) by: Mike
Recommended for: Wolverine fans from the movie and tv shows
read count: 1

My friend is the biggest Wolverine fan in the Milky Way solar system. He loaned me his Weapon X comics to read and to share the 'Wolverine' love. It was very good. I admit that Wolverine isn't my favorite X-Men (that's Gambit), but he's a very intriguing character with a dark side that I find appealing mixed with this desire for justice. What can I say? I love my antiheroes. The man has had his share of tragedy, and seeing how he gained the adamantium helped me to see him in a deeper light.

Thanks, Mike, for giving me the opportunity to read these.

PS. The X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie was a pretty lousy substitute for the real thing (and we won't even go into how they ruined Deadpool). If you are a fan of Wolverine from the tv shows and the movie, please take this opportunity to read about the real character from the comic books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolverine.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dina (new)

Dina My favorite X-Men character is Gambit too - gotta love that Cajun accent! - but Wolverine runs a close second.

NewGambit

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) That is an awesome picture. Thanks for sharing!!!

message 3: by Dina (new)

Dina It's the current wallpaper on my computer. :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) When I get home I'll be saving it onto my computer too. It might usurp Wentworth Miller, who's been on my desktop for months now.

message 5: by Dina (new)

Dina Wentworth Miller... That's some serious competition!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Yes indeed. Which is why he's been on my computer so long. :)

message 7: by J.M. (new)

J.M. I'm a guy, so if I'm going to have a Gambit desktop wallpaper it'll probably be this one:

Gambit & Rogue by Choi

Here's a link to the much larger original:

message 8: by Dina (new)

Dina Oooh, I loved your picture, J.M.! Rogue touching Gambit without her glove on? That's dangerous! ;)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) That's a cool. Picture. I might have to appropriate this one. :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I love the Gambit/Rogue love affair.

message 11: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Isn't it amazing how a really good artist can contort the hot women to allow for the optimal amount of "T" and "A" without it looking unatural? Just try to twist like Rogue's doing in real life. Ouch. Another of her powers must be ultimate bendability.

Nevertheless, a great piece of art!

message 12: by Angelc (new)

Angelc Great review, Danielle! I was interested in reading this when people told me it was much better than the movie. Very nice pics, guys!

Ronyell Great review Danielle! I agree that the Wolverine origins movie was terrible! I really enjoyed this story also! I've just recently read it!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Thanks, Angelc and Ronyell.
There are a few novels out about Wolverine as well. My friend has all of them.

Ronyell Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Thanks, Angelc and Ronyell.
There are a few novels out about Wolverine as well. My friend has all of them."

You're welcome Danielle! I would definitely love to try out some more Wolverine titles!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I can pick his brain and get back to you with a list.

Ronyell Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I can pick his brain and get back to you with a list."

LOL! Thanks!