Jeanette "Astute Crabbist"'s Reviews > The Likeness

The Likeness by Tana French

Utterly implausible and thoroughly delectable! I loved getting inside that insular little world the "misfits" of Whitethorn House created for themselves. I love the way Tana French lets you get to know the characters---*really* know them---with all their neuroses and peccadilloes and habitual reactions. And her dialogue is just plain fun to read. Of course, nobody we know in real life can sit around popping off all those perfect ripostes, but it makes for entertaining reading. And then of course there are all the great spooky elements with the dark country lanes and weird locals and questionable family history.

Have you ever dreamed of stepping into another person's life and BEING them? Looking like them, acting like them, with all of their friends thinking you ARE that person, but all the while still inwardly being yourself? If so, read this book. Don't expect believable, but do expect engrossing.

Unlike In the Woods, this one has a conclusive ending, which makes it more satisfying overall.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Likeness.