Laura's Reviews > A l'ombre des jeunes filles en fleurs

A l'ombre des jeunes filles en fleurs by Marcel Proust

This is the second book of the series A La Recherche du Temps Perdu.

The narrator describes his relationships in Combray and he is introduced to the Swann's: Gilberte, Odette de Crecy and Charles Swann.

However, he fall in love with Albertine and then...the saga continues in the next volumes.

I must confess this was not an easy reading unlike the first volume, since I started to read this book in April and I only finished now, in July.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A l'ombre des jeunes filles en fleurs.

11/04/2009 page 1
0.18% "just read the prologue."
04/22/2012 page 211
37.0% "I need a break in order to continue to read this book. In the meantime, I'll be reading "The Adventures of Elizabeth in Rugen", a buddy read with 3Ms."
show 3 hidden updates…

message 1: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia I realize this is blasphemous but I find that Proust is much more enjoyable, delightful even, if you dont try to read it in a linear fashion. I love Proust when I just pick up a volume, turn to a random spot and read a few pages. Then he's delicious. When I try to start at the beginning and slog through to the end, I get resentful, bored and annoyed. I dont think he wrote in a linear normal way,so I dont feel like I should have to read him in a linear normal way.

Laura I totally agree with you Cynthia, he never writes anything linearly that is why so delightful to read his books, isn't it?