Farrah's Reviews > Sins of the Flesh

Sins of the Flesh by Caridad Piñeiro

Oct 23, 2009

bookshelves: book-reviews, my-books
Read in November, 2009

Sins of the Flesh was not what I first expected and that’s not a bad thing. It was a nice change to my typical paranormal reads. It was a read that had me turning the pages and crying in frustration when I temporarily misplaced it over the weekend right at the climaxing part. Talk about book withdrawals!

I enjoyed reading the bits of gene therapy science she based the new series on. The manner in which she portrayed the heroine, Caterina, playing the Cello both in her head and in hand had me swaying with eyes closed to the music in my head as she played for comfort. Watching her get stronger as a person after her ordeal and standing by her man is always a plus. Whiny wimpy women (say that 3 times) always annoy me and wanting me to slap them if I could. Pineiro did a grand job balancing the hero, Mick, as a hard man when it came to his work yet a soft man at heart when it came to his family. Mick’s younger sister, Liliana was a minor heroine I think in Sins of the Flesh. She’s the doctor who helps to heal Caterina and in turn I believe soften the heart of her older brother to finally find love.

After reading the preview to her next in the Sins series, I look forward to getting a copy to continue the story of finding the others like Caterina and seeing what happens next to Mick’s sister Liliana when’s she’s kidnapped. I recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in science, suspense, and love. Caridad will have you turning the pages to see what will happen next and if you’re like me, Googling more on gene therapy.

You can check out the author guest post I hosted at The Book Faery Reviews here: http://tbfreviews.net/2009/11/10/sins-of-the-flesh-caridad-pineiro-review-author-guest-post/.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sins of the Flesh.