Mojca's Reviews > Armed and Devastating (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #2)

Armed and Devastating (The Precinct by Julie Miller

With this story, Ms. Miller confirmed her status as one of my favorite romantic suspense authors out there. Though this is the second book in a four-book miniseries about the four Kincaid brothers searching for their father’s murderer, I didn’t get the feeling I should’ve read the first book as well (the gist of it was illustrated in this one).

The prologue (John Kincaid’s April funeral) hinted at things to come – mainly the decision for the four brothers to find their father’s murder and make him pay, but while other authors might have waited a tad, letting the reader get used to the feel of the story, Ms. Miller plunged us immediately into action in the first chapter and the tension and intrigue didn’t let up until the very end.

The suspense plot was gripping and nail-biting, especially with the heroine’s unwillingness to trust her (and the hero’s) instincts when it came to her new handyman (how can you not trust a cop’s gut?!), the plot flowed effortlessly toward the end where the author hit us with another twist and an intriguing cliffy that despite being a cliffy it wasn’t bothersome, but actually made me look forward to the next story in the series, despite the main villain, "the boss", being rather obvious. I don’t know if that was deliberate from the author’s part, a fluke or a red herring.

And I absolutely loved the friends-to-lovers romance. Atticus and Brooke were absolutely adorable in their quest to keep their friendship intact and not "taint" it with passion. And failing miserably.

This was a truly great and wonderfully-paced suspense story intertwined with a cute, sweet and sexy budding romance. Loved it.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Armed and Devastating (The Precinct.