Melissa's Reviews > The Five Greatest Warriors

The Five Greatest Warriors by Matthew Reilly

Dec 06, 09

bookshelves: 2009-reads, action-adventure, favourites, fiction
Read in December, 2009

I love Matthew Reilly. And his books.

I always get part way through and I start to think "Gee, maybe there is such a thing as too much action," but then I realise that it's not just action. The characters are rounded and developed, they each have their own journey to complete within the book. The plot twists and turns at such an explosive rate that my head barely has time to keep up. The ingenuity is there. There are things that I wonder how he'll work them out but then BAM! it's an awesome conclusion.

I loved this book. I've been waiting for it ever since he left us on the killer cliff-hanger. I was not disappointed (well, I'd like them to be longer but then they wouldn't be page turning awesome) and I thought he concluded the trilogy fabulously.

I learned that Jack West Jr. can and will do everything for the people he loves.

I learned that the baddies are not as good as they think they are.

I learned that if you've got a potentially controversial scene coming you can make it awesome and relevant for everyone and still have a great action scene follow immediately.

I will wait and read anything that comes out by Matthew Reilly. Just. That. Good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Five Greatest Warriors.

12/03/2009 page 365
79.35% "I <3 Jack West. Can you get more creepy than live human jar people? NO!"