Melissa's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

Jun 04, 11

bookshelves: absolute-favorites, ya, magic, fictional-crush, fictional-world
Read from May 30 to June 02, 2011

First things first this is not the first time i've ever read this book. In fact it is one of the most re-read Harry Potter books i own. Re-read so much that i had to replace the first paperback copy i had with hardcover. So with the summer weather approaching it was time to read a Harry Potter book. I decided upon this one since i already made reviews for the first two books and decided to keep on going up in the line.

Now what is there to say about this book that hasn't been already been said. The Harry Potter books have become modern living fairy tales. "everyone" knows them and it's almost useless to sum up the plot. But i'm going to anyways because i'm that type of person.

In this exciting adventure Harry is about to start his 3rd year of Hogwarts. The only thing he didn't plan on was a mad murderer escaping the wizarding prison Azkaban bent on killing him. Then again should Harry really be surprised. I mean look at his previous two years. Course things aren't always as they seem, nor do everything go according to plan. This book stands alone in the Harry Potter series because it's the one book where Voldemort doesn't make a single appearance in some shape or form. It's more of a "set up" book for the rest of the series.

Funny enough this book is one of my absolute favorites from the entire series. Mainly because it introduces my two fictional boyfriends: Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Oh Marauders! how i love thee. I can safely say this is the book that changed my whole Harry Potter experienced. I "liked" the books before this one. I became a "mega fan" after this one. It literally changed my whole perspective on the entire series. Thanks to Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot, & Prongs". Harry was good in it too. lol

Final rating: 5 stars. Siriously... would i give it anything else.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Quotes Melissa Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban